Technical Product Management Application Form
As a TPM, you exist at the confluence of:
- Business Understanding
- Technology Understanding
- Design Understanding
Plus an unrelenting focus on the customer – their problems, their goals, their delights, their frustrations, etc. and how what you do can help increase delight and reduce frustration.
To prove you have the technical chops to learn enough technology to get things done, incoming PM’s are requested to complete the coding practical below.
Build an application (Front-end (Web or Mobile) and Back-end) that allows a user to register, login and create orders consisting of multiple products. The application would send an email and SMS notification to the user for each order they create with details of the items selected. Admin not required but a plus if added.
- Create a Bit bucket account and a repository where your code is uploaded for evaluation. This is a free service. Watch the video below to guide you
- Use wireframes image on next page as a guide.
- For Email and SMS notification use free services like Amazon SES and Twilo
- Create a link to the application hosted on Heroku. This is also a free service.Watch the video below to guide you
- Share a Postman Collection with environment variables required to test your backend.
Some material to help you are below:
We would prefer that you use any of the front-end technologies above with SailsJS as your back-end. It is also fine to use just SailsJS for a monolith app i.e. front-end and back-end all in one – check the SailsJS directory link above OR to use other technologies beside what is listed above as long as you get the job done.
Once done, please use the form with the links requested complete with your CV and we will get back to you on the next steps.
If you have any questions please reach out using [email protected]